Thursday, August 18, 2011

Oh Those Summer Nights

Sorry it has been awhile since I last posted but the heat has drained my brain.  So lets recap my past two weekends and how "lovely" (since the sarcasm) the men pool is in this horrible beach town. 

I think the words to that Grease songs says it best..

Summer days drifting away
To, oh, oh, the summer nights


Two weekends ago, Amber and her new beau came over for a visit and of course, we had to hit the Tootsies.  Why do I put myself at this place every weekend?  Is it the fun vibe it sends off from the vacationers cause it sure isn't for the fast bar service or even the good looking men cause the eye candy has definitely gone down this summer.  Lets just say that night ended at around 5 am after a dip in the pool, biscuits, eggs and Sunny D with some professional divers.  lol.  I have determined that Buffalo Wild Wings, where we went to watch the UFC fight and Amber and I figured out a long time ago this is where the boys will be, may be a better ocean for fishing then Tootsies.  And since this is a tourist town and mostly you run into vacationers at the bars, we all know what they are looking for.....sex.  They are barking up the wrong tree cause this isn't my first rodeo boys.

Summer heat, boy and girl meet
But, oh, oh, the summer nights


This past weekend I went to Schooners to enjoy dinner and a drink by myself but ran into a crew of my "boys".  We ended up...wait for it, wait for it...TOOTSIES!  Unbelievable, how I get talked into this place again.  But we did have a good time, and yes my boys are military but most are married and know how to just have fun.  In their eyes, I am just one of the guys when we go out.  No hanky panky or sexual tension, which makes me happy since that puts no pressure on anyone and its all about laughing and having fun.  Nothing exciting to report from that night except having a much needed night out with the boys. 

But there was one interesting conversation that came up, actually a question.  One of them, we will call him Matt, asked me to look over at a table of women and if I was sitting there with my friends, what would be the perfect thing for him to come up and say to us?  A pick-up line I asked?  He wanted to hear it from a female point of view.  Even though he is very loyal to his wife, all men and yes, us women too, like to be wanted and flirted with.  So I told him not to be corny, just to start casual conversation.  By this time all 4 of them had gotten in the conversation and now it became a challenge to them on if I was right or wrong. 

After 15 minutes of discussing how to just be casual and not seem like all you wanted was to get to 2nd base, they went in for the kill.  Now granted, these women were older than me and somewhat attractive but it was good practice for them.  Needless to say, all of the women had on wedding rings except one and here is where it got interesting.  Matt, told them up front he was married and so did DJ but to my surprise, these women felt the same as my boys, they just wanted attention.  As me and one of the boys sat and watched, I noticed how many times these women touched Matt and them and giggled, acting like little school girls.  "It worked", they said......of course it did. 

Next, the girls ended up Tootsies when they found out we were going but bless their hearts, that was too much for the boys.  They tried so hard to get the boys to hang out with them but the challenge was over and so what fun was left?  This is my point, everything is a game in this town.  I heard it and say it first hand. 

Summer dreams ripped at the seams
But, oh, those summer nights
Tell me more, tell me more

So how do I expect to go out in this town and not be played like these girls?  I guess its called experience...live and learn.  I understand we all must go through the frogs to find our prince but honestly, I have determined this town is just full of frogs.

So now that we have wrapped up another "non"exciting two weekends in the Redneck Riviera, I have a few more topics that are already on my mind, so this will be a busy week for blogs from me so get ready.  Some are still left over topics from these 2 weekends but this blog is already too long so I will spare you.  I do have some new topics that I hope you will comment and give me feedback on.  Don't be shy friends, comment on all my blogs, give me suggestions, help a girl out!!

I have started a few new things in my life and have chosen a few new paths so hopefully they will led me to Mr Right and NOT Mr Right Now.  I will fill you in later this week on how things are going in my adventure for love. 

It turned colder, that's where it ends
So I told her we'd still be friends
Then we made our true love vow
Wonder what she's doing now

Happy hunting girls.

WTB.

No comments:

Post a Comment