Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fab in Your 40's

After speaking with Brandie and planning our FAB 40 party in Chattanooga, I decided to google about being 40 and single.  WOW!  This is all I got after reading an article about being single and in your 40's.  Yes, everything they said was true but it still got me no where closer to finding true love.  For those of you that are around my age..here is a list that you will find interesting and of course my comments about each line item.

You should love being in your forties because...
  • Life begins at 40 - Whatever, it does not!  I have had a wonderful, exciting life.
  • Forty is fabulous - But alone at 40 is not so fab!
  • You are experienced enough to know your job well and young enough to work with energy and passion - I must agree
  • You know what you like - and not - in a relationship and are not afraid or embarrassed to ask for it  - This is true but this could be a negative cause it is probably why I am single.
  • You are not really interested in making new friends, but in spending quality time with the existing good ones - SO TRUE!
  • You know how to follow fashion and which clothes suit you best - YEP!
  • You know your body pretty well by now and can quite easily tell when something is not right - Yes but I still look up everything online and by that time I have decided I am dying.
  • You are the same age as Halle Berry, Nicole Kidman, Courteney Cox and many other hot celebrities in their forties - Who cares, they all have HOT young husbands and boyfriends plus are filthy rich.  No comparison to me.
  • If you had children in your 20s, then they are all grown up and you finally have free time for yourself  - N/A
  • If you have young kids, you have enough energy to have fun with them - Good luck to those who relate to this one. Glad its you and not me.
  • If you want to have children, it’s not that late to get pregnant yet - Are you kidding me?
  • If you married young, you should be proud of keeping your marriage alive for 20+ years
  • If you married recently, you have more chances of your marriage being a success
  • Unmarried women in their forties enjoy being alone more than younger single women - I wish whoever wrote this line was in front of me so I could bitch slap her.  She probably lives with 20 cats and never had sex!  Come on, get real!
  • 40 something women are more confident - I like to think I am but the longer I am single, the more I lose it.
  • Forty-somethings are taken more seriously
  • Women reach their sexual peak in their 40s - Of course this is my favorite!
  • Women reach their peak income when they are over forty - Not after a horrible divorce and losing your job with no one to help take care of you...
  • A woman’s creativity is enhanced in her forties - I do agree with this one.
  • Forty is the new thirty - Bullshit.  When I was 30 I was rocking it..skinny, could eat 3 Big Macs and not gain anything, and it was okay to date a guy in their 20's but now I do, well, I am called a cougar!



Now here are a few tips they give for the single woman. 


If you are a single woman in your forties and just decided that is about time to find a partner, there are many ways to go about finding the right man. 

These are four simple tips to keep in mind when looking for love in your forties:
1. Tell all your friends that you are looking.  They might have a male friend that recently became single and it is always is much easier to start a new relationship when there is some common point of reference.
2. Take a good look at the men around you at the gym, your art lessons, or whatever you are into these days. If he shares your same interests, that's a good sign!
3. Relax! Get rid of that 'wish list for the perfect man', and if you are truly convinced that finding a man is what you want, then show it!
4. Also consider using an online dating site or a dating service such as date.com , Matchmaker.com, Speed Dater or eHarmony. No, these are not only for young people. Most of these dating services target men and women of every age.  Give it a try, you will be surprised what you can find! Just be careful and don't get too carried away too soon.  While there are loads of wonderful men out there looking for a partner, there are also many creeps.  Use your common sense and enjoy it! 



When I read it, I was like "no shit Sherlock".  Do you think I just keep it all to myself that I want a man.  I am sure my friends are aware of my situation cause they have to listen to be moan and groan about it all the time when I get a wine buzz going.  And number 2, must be for people who don't live in this area cause the men around here have one interest, party and sex.  Now what in the hell does number 3 mean?  I give up.  Now number 4 is interesting.  I do know alot of people who have done a few of these sites and it ended well but once again, I cannot imagine the pool around here being full of heartthrobs but hey, I will try anything once..or sometimes twice.

Well girls, sorry this one was a little boring but when I read this article, I just had to share it with you.  It amazes me that people make money, good money at that, writing articles like this.  Are there really women out there that are this clueless?  I would like to think I am not one of them.  Well, in case you are not aware, I am single, almost 40 and looking for a man so send them my way ladies.  (now number 1 is definitely checked off the list)

Happy hunting girls.

WTB




No comments:

Post a Comment