Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lean on Me

I have always been one to put my friends first since they will always be around even after the boy leaves.  But I am so surprised by the women or should I say girls who don't do that.  My crew of girls would never dream of it so I don't understand why the others don't catch on to this especially in this town where they are 80% military and leave within months.  I guess as you age you learn how special and dear your friends are and that making new ones, true new ones, is not that easy. 

For instance, Amber and I have been friends for along time now and even with her having a new "Moose", if I told her I needed a night out with just us two, she wouldn't question why I asked for just us and we would be on our merry way out that night. 

I am just thankful that I do have the true girl and guy friends that I do.  So thank you Amber, Brandie, Holly, Zach (even though he sometimes test us), Andy and the few others.  Yes, that may seem like a small amount of friends to you, but to me, its not the quantity but the quality that counts. 

With that being said, keep your friends close and dear to your heart, they will always be there to dry your tears, to lift you up, to tell you that your not a dumb ass when you screw up and most important, will be there to pour that glass of wine when your heart is breaking.

Now here is where it gets tricky.  When you or your friends do find your prince, will he be understanding of your "girl bond"?  If not, what happens?  Who would you choose?  Such a small four word sentence but it holds so much meaning.  We all would like to think we would choose our friends but sometimes we get blind when in love and forget. 

Men are worse than use women though when it comes to having "boys night out".  We all have seen those groups out and how they flirt, how they cheat, how they always end up at the Gentleman's Club.  When us women do a "girls night out" it is usually just that, a bunch of females drinking wine, laughing, and if we do go out to a bar we are people watching or usually we get so wrapped up in our own conversation we do not even know the rest of the people around us exist. 

I know that everything I have said is common sense and has heard these a few hundred times, but I lately, as I travel down a new path, I have been reminded how lucky I am to have such good friends.  So now, get off the computer and go tell your friends "thank you".

Happy hunting girls.

WTB.

No comments:

Post a Comment